Brown’s Automotive Group is a highly successful, locally owned group of auto dealerships that prides itself on excellence in customer service, being a great employer and a valuable member of the community. We are currently seeking a Lot Porter for our Brown’s Toyota store in Glen Burnie, MD.
The Company currently has over 600 employees. We are an equal opportunity employer.
The lot porter will assist in receiving new shipments, ensure all accessories are included, and move and arrange vehicles to optimize space. You will ensure new, used, wholesale and awaiting title vehicles are parked in designated lot areas as well as those waiting for maintenance and to be cleaned. To ensure success you need to be accountable and perform your duties with a high level of accuracy.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Attending and participating in trainings and meetings
- Ensuring vehicles are clean and presentable
- Ensuring lot is organized, clean, and free from trash, litter, and debris
- Arranging and parking vehicles in designated lot areas
- Checking new vehicles are displaying factory and addendum stickers, and selling price
- Overseeing and maintaining keys
- Replacing sold vehicles and empty spaces with new inventory and ensuring most marketable vehicles are put on display first
- Abide by all safety precautions and emergency procedures
- Complete all technical training, as required
- Work with fellow employees and contribute as a team player
- Ensure work area remains clean, uncluttered and safe
- Complete all manufacturers’ training as required.
- Other duties as assigned by manager
Ideal professional qualifications:
- 20 years of age or older
- Valid driver’s license
- Clean driving record
- Proficient with driving manual and automatic transmission vehicles
- Completion of drug and background screening
- Unwavering owner support to maximize your success
- A clear, yet flexible career path with substantial opportunity for growth
- Aggressive lead model with substantial marketing and advertising budget
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Extensive technology to support all aspects of sales and service
- Culture of innovation and teamwork
- Great reputation and relationships with manufacturers
- Growing organization
- Well-funded, forward-thinking ownership team
- Flexible work week, including weekends, comprehensive benefits package, including 401k plan