Automotive Service Tech - Busy Dealership!
Brown’s Automotive Group is a highly successful, locally owned group of auto dealerships that prides itself on excellence in customer service, being a great employer and a valuable member of the community. We are currently seeking a Service Technician for our Brown’s Toyota store in Glen Burnie, MD.
The Company currently has over 600 employees. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are currently seeking a Service Technician for our Brown’s Toyota store in Glen Burnie, MD. Reporting to the Service Manager and Shop Foreman, the Service Technician is responsible for diagnosing and resolving vehicle issues and perform necessary mechanical work. A service technician salary can range from $50,000- $150,000 per year. With this position you can earn what you want. We are one of the busiest Toyota stores in the region, and will definitely have enough work for you!
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Utilize appropriate diagnostic equipment to check vehicle performance and trouble shoot problems.
- Conduct test drives, as appropriate.
- Ensure all work is complete, including any routine services such as lubrication and inspections.
- Adhere to all dealership and manufacturer procedures and policies.
- Abide by all safety precautions and emergency procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of manufacturer-specific information and tools.
- Complete all technical training, as required.
- Communicate findings and work status to Service Advisor promptly.
- Work with fellow employees and contribute as a team player.
- Assure all repairs and services performed on vehicles are safe & problem free.
- Ensure work area remains clean, uncluttered and safe.
- Complete all manufacturers’ training as required.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
IDEAL PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Extensive knowledge of computer controls, diagnosis of electrical and hydraulic problems, and other specialized skills needed to work on these systems.
- Knowledge of Reynolds and other systems as required by manufacturer.
- 3-5 years of previous technician experience
Specific credentials include:
- OEM Factory Certification.
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- ASE certification preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and clean DMV record with ability to drive company and customer vehicles as necessary.
- Unwavering owner support to maximize your success
- A clear, yet flexible career path with substantial opportunity for growth
- Aggressive lead model with substantial marketing and advertising budget
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Extensive technology to support all aspects of sales and service
- Culture of innovation and teamwork
- Great reputation and relationships with manufacturers
- Growing organization
- Well-funded, forward-thinking ownership team
- Flexible work week, including weekends, comprehensive benefits package, including 401k plan